Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sugar cookies...

As I promised, here is the recipe for the sugar cookies that you so beautifully did today.


Sugar Cookies

3/4 cup of room temperature margarine or butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. flavouring (vanilla or lemon)
2 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
And then...
  1. Cream margarine or butter and add sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Add eggs and flavouring and beat until smooth.
  3. Sift flour. Measure and resift with baking powder and salt.
  4. Mix dry ingredients with creamed mixture until a stiff dough is formed.
  5. Refrigerate dough at least one hour.
  6. Roll and cut shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes until delicately browned.
  7. Cool completely and layer and freeze or decorate and serve.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It was given to me by my dear sister in law, about 5 years ago, for Christmas. I had to make about 300 cookies for the school, so I became quite familiar with this recipe, and I have been using it ever since. It works all the time!

No comments: